Maintenance Shutdowns and Outages Management

Multiple Resources
Active Community
Online Videos
One-on-One Mentorship
Register NowDownload Brochure

Course Overview:

Substandard turnarounds damages business. They need to be efficiently planned, managed & control so that organizations to curb safety & budget penalties. Most of the organizations are trying to survive turnarounds instead of excelling in it which is one of the main reasons for turnaround failures. Consequently, operators are prospecting to learn and implement robust practices to manage shutdown and outages effectively.

This course is based on proven model of excellence which is 85% concerned with procedures and events taking place before the first spade of dirt is moved. The remaining 15% involves execution tactics to keep the project on course.

Learning Objectives:

• Comprehensive checklist of issues to consider before the shutdown

• When and how to say no to added work?

• Using Gantt, CPM and PERT charts

• What documents to save and how to organize them?

• Break major jobs into activities

• Set up your shutdown team for smooth functioning

• Where to look for help on estimates?

• Find out what shifts & structures to use and how much they really cost.

• Controlling a shutdown

• Project management software to assist the process

Who should Attend?

Directors, Heads, GMs, Senior Managers, Managers, Assistants, Supervisors and Engineers responsible for:

• Shutdown & Turnaround

• Scheduling & Planning

• Maintenance & Reliability

• Operations

• Production

• Security

• Quality Assurance

• Procurement

• Asset Management

• Health & Safety

Course Format:

• Pre-course learning consists of short study to prepare the candidate for the training.

• Series of instructional presentation, videos and exercises are a part of Classroom immersion.

• Daily quiz is implemented to corroborate the learning journey.

Pre and Post course Assessments:

• Participants have to complete the pre-course test before entering the classroom. This is to validate their pre-course learning.

• Participants have to complete post course test as well which is essential to validate their learning journey during the classroom immersion.

Course Incudes:

16 Hours
Lessons/ Topics/ Modules:
Course Completion Certificate:
Recorded Session Access:
Pre-Course Assessment:
Post Course Assessment: